This course offers the instruction and process of making your own Magickal Ink for your own magickal use, spellwork, and sigil magick.
The ink recipes are based on creating a custom gall and india ink based on old recipes from medieval times. One in particular was meant to banish evil spirits. We take this base recipe and give room for you to change it as it suits your intention. This is NOT the only way to make your own inks, but it is just one recipe.
- I talk a little bit about my experience in the fine art world, the finishing world in custom cabinetry, and exploration of materials. I know a lot about materials!
- What are the differences between a paint (including acrylic, oil, tempera, and watercolor), dye, and ink?
- What are some traditional methods of using plant material or tannin based dyes/inks?
- You will learn how to make a traditional Gall Ink and your own base material of a Vitrol of Mars. Customizations are suggested for making this your own receipe.
- You will also create your own recipe for an India ink from natural resin, gum arabic, pigment, herbal extractions, and essential oil.
- We of course have a compendium of recommended materials to work with such as resins and plants, and we also discuss how to customize with plants to use as an extra magickal layer.
After purchasing through Queen Meb, you can access your course here (after free account has been created). https://learn.thehouseoftwigs.com/courses/magickal-ink-making-from-medieval-grimoires/
(Optional) Kit inlcudes dropper bottles, gum arabic powder, resin, tannin based material, essential oils, and mica based on magickal themes: Love, Protection, Divination, & Transformation. Customization of kits are set for what you have at home or other materials that you have and want to add to the inks.