Magickal Wood: Harvesting Dryad Spirits for Wands,Tools & Brooms
**We have an upcoming event where a local apprentice of a master broom maker will be having events making specialty brooms at Queen Meb.
It is the perfect time to also hold this class on working with nature spirits in wood, wheter they be living and fresh like a dryad, or magickal properties of "dead spirit" wood such as driftwood, wood blanks, or kiln dried woods. If you choose to take this class, you can go out into nature and find your own handle for the upcoming broom making workshops TBA, although it is suggested to allow natural wood to dry one year before using to avoid pests, rot, warping, etc.
**NO ACTUAL WAND MAKING OR BROOM MAKING WILL HAPPEN IN THIS WORKSHOP.**
In this event:
- We will go over the magkical properties of these woods and how to harvest your own handle in preperation for either making your own broom, staff, or magickal tool.
- We will also go over the ancient tradition of making your own Medival Roman Wax with a demonstation, but any good witch will also take the time to imbed magickal properties in the finish itself.
- All attendess will also go home with a small container of a specialty made, magickal Roman Wax that can be applied to existing wooden objects, but you will also have the knowledge to make your own.
Erika, the owner of Queen Meb is a 7th generation woodowrker and master level finisher with an extensive backround in materials and the high-end art world.
- Maximum attendance is observed and class must be paid for in advance
come all the classes, as we will not repeat information.
- We will start where the previous class left off so you will want to come to all of these, as we will not repeat information.
- All people (gender, race, sexual orientation...) are welcome here but this class isn't a great event for kids unless they are taking the course and the parent has given approval.
Pre-paying helps us to book the space and prepare the print-out information you will receive.)
There will also be small, reasonable homework each week, to help you practice at home.
Cancellation policy: Up to 50% refunded for cancellations 48 hrs in advance. Cancellations within 47 hrs or less will result in a discount for a future class but no refund.
About your instructor:
Erika Fortner, founder and Head Mistress of The House of Twigs, has been a Tarot reader, Witch, medium and Psychic for 25+ years. She is also the Head Mistress and Curator of THoT: The School of Ritual, Keven Craft Rituals, and the newest addition q. Meb (Queen Meb).
She is an Artist with a BFA from Pratt Institute and has an extensive fine Art background in NYC with one of the top Artists in the world working with museums such as the MOMA and Guggenheim as well as living in Berlin, Germany and Venice, Italy.
She is an eclectic energy worker (Reiki master as well as other healing modalities) Shamanic/folklore Witch; specializing in her own style of in-depth Tarot reading, crystal work, and channeling.
She favors the Morrighan, Isis, Hecate, Freya, and Cernnunos. Erika’s inspiration of ritual comes from many areas, including her family lineage which connects to the first Kings of Ireland, Queen Maeb, the King of the Picts, as well as connections with the Welsh Lewellyn family, the Scottish McLaughlins, De Forsythe and McCloud clans.
She has worked for the Psychic Friends network while in Brooklyn before deciding the ethos of the company didn’t align with her practice.
She now has her roots planted in Portland, Oregon with her partner and daughter.