Mandrake (Mandragora autumnalis) - Witching Plants
Mandrake (Mandragora autumnalis)- mandrake, autum mandrake
|Power: Protection, Fertility, Money, Love, Health
|Part: Root. All parts of this plant are toxic.
These plants can be purchased in-store alive, or dormant in the summer season on. It has the opposite growth schedule of most plants, and will start to go into dormancy when temperatures rise above 70 degrees. They are notoriously difficult to grow by seed and can germinate over a period of years. NO INTERNATIONAL SALES
**IF YOU ORDER THIS PLANT AND IT IS TO BE SHIPPED, IT WILL NOT ARRIVE UNTIL AFTER IT GOES INTO DORMANCY IN THE SUMMER-FALL.
Our plants are sourced from ethical locations and suppliers, grown by seed with love and treated as organic and natural as possible. We use neem and nematodes to fight natural pests and try to give you the healthiest plant baby possible.
Growing Suggestions: Perennial / Shrub
- Water: Dry or moist. Can tolerate drought.
- Sun Exposure: Full sun, or is usually found in nature growing on the other side of a large rock.
- Mature Height: 12"
- Spacing: clumping, will grow in up to 3 feet wide. Suitable for outdoor or container planting.
- It prefers light, alkaline, sandy, well draining PH neutral soil.
- Hardiness: USDA Zone 6-10
- It flowers from August to October, and the seeds ripen from September to October. The species is hermaphrodite (has both male and female organs) thus pollinates with wind.
When you receive your plant, make sure to bring it in from extreme temperatures and follow recommendations for each plant type. If your plant is not dormant, and it arrives dry, water immediately and place in a warm location with filtered light so it can adjust and not be shocked into it's new environment.
*Although we source high-quality herbs and roots, these are not intended for ingestion. Use at your own risk. Many of our live plants or seeds to grow on your own are toxic to handle or ingest.