Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) Common Red - Witching Plants
PLEASE NOTE, these plants are available for sale in our storefront when then are in season April-October and then become available for sale in their dormant state for shipping.
PRE-ORDERS SHIP WHEN THE PLANT IS NOT IN SEASON TO SHIP FROM (Nov- FEBRUARY)
Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)- Arrowroot (not the white powder root), Bad Man’s Plaything, Carpenter’s Weed, Death Flower, Devil’s Nettle, Eerie, Field Hops, Hundred Leaved Grass, Knight;s Millfoil, Military Herb, Old Man’s Mustard, Old Man’s Pepper, Seven Year’s Love, Soldier’s Woundwort, Stanch Weed, Tansy, Wound Wort, Yarroway
Planet: Jupiter or Venus
Element: Air or Water
Power: It has a dual meaning of war or healing. Also, courage, love, psychic powers, exorcism, protection
Part: Leaves/ Flowers, Roots
Our plants are sourced from ethical locations, grown by hand with love and treated as organic and natural as possible. We use neem and nematodes to fight natural pests and try to give you the healthiest plant baby possible.
Growing Suggestions: Perennial / Shrub
- Water regularly until established. Afterwards prefers moderate to low water.
- Hardy to -15 degrees F
- These spread by rhizomes or cuttings, so they come back from their dormant state in the Spring. (I have left mine out over the winter, even in tiny little pots, and they come back in our zone 8 every year.)
- Enjoys neglected soil and areas where not much else will grow.
- Sun Exposure: Full to Partial Sun
- Harvest flowers and leaves in mid-August into September or when blooms are about to open.
- Mature Height: 24"-36"
- Spacing: 12"024"
- Hardiness: USDA Zone 3-9
These are living plants and to ensure they arrive alive, make sure to choose priority shipping. When you receive your plant, make sure to bring it in from extreme temperatures and follow recommendations for each plant type. If your plant arrives dry, water immediately and place in a warm location with filtered light so it can adjust and not be shocked into it's new environment.
*Although we source high-quality herbs and roots, these are not intended for ingestion. Use at your own risk. Many of our live plants or seeds to grow on your own are toxic to handle or ingest.